Much like a fine baklava, modern day Greece is layered with history so rich and complex that the only way to do it justice is to see it for yourself. Explore the country with a local leader and learn how the spectacular hanging monasteries of Meteora protected modern Hellenic culture from invading Turks, then trace a path through tumble-down ruins in Delphi. Visit the site of the world’s first Olympics, stop in at pretty seaside villages in Nafplion, and discover the secrets behind Greek honey and ouzo, all on this whirlwind adventure.
- Athens – Welcome Dinner at Local Restaurant
- Athens – Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Athens – Acropolis Archaeological Site Visit with Local Guide
- Athens – Visit to the Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Meteora – Hike & Monastery Visits with Local Guide
- Delphi – Oracle, Temple of Apollo & Sanctuary of Athena
- Delphi – Archaeological Site Visit with Local Guide
- Olympia – Archaeological Site Visit with Local Guide
- Itea – Beekeeping Experience & Honey Tasting
- Central Arcadia – Lousios Valley Hike
- Central Arcadia – Prodromos Monastery Visit with Coffee & Greek Delight
- Epidaurus – Guided Tour
- Nafplion – Ouzo Tasting
- Step back in time as you travel with your local leader to the Athens Acropolis, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Prodromos monastery, where you’ll enjoy a coffee with a local monk.
- Experience the romantic side of Greece when you stay in a gorgeous and traditionally decorated stone mansion in the medieval village of Dimitsana – your feature stay for this trip.
- Visit the legendary theatres of the very first Olympic Games – the stadium, gymnasium, wrestling school, priest houses, temples and hippodrome.
- Be amazed by the magical monasteries and ancient rock pinnacles of Meteora and learn about the natural and cultural history of one of Greece’s most extraordinary sights.
- Get an insider’s look at Greek produce when you visit a family of beekeepers in Itea, stop by a traditional family-owned bakery in Galaxidi or Nafpaktos, and take part in ouzo tasting in Nafplion.
Athens / Kalambaka
Meteora / Kalambaka
Delphi / Itea
Itea / Olympia / Dimitsana
Central Arcadia / Dimitsana
Nafplion / Epidaurus / Athens